Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 20, 2010

“I am a world-class chicken when it comes to letting people stick needles into me. My subconscious mind firmly believes that if God wanted us to have direct access to our bloodstreams, He would have equipped our skin with small, clearly marked doors.”


I have decided that within the next few months I really need to have a Will drawn up. It is one more step of adulthood that finally needs to be completed. Not that I expect to die anytime soon, but I think that it is unfair of me to leave things to a guessing game if anything were to happen to me. There are some items that I definitely want to go to specific individuals and nobody would know that unless I spell it out. I know it sounds ridiculous, but those items only belong in certain hands because they have specific, invaluable meaning to me.

This has all been churning over in my head for a while now and I have even written it down a time or two trying to get all of the calculations set out to see exactly what would go where. Accounting for taxes is my least favorite part. It is hard to swallow that I have already paid taxes on everything that I have acquired and yet there will be more taxes levied just because I died. It just doesn’t seem right.

Does this all seem morbid? Well it feels that way while I plot it out in my head too. Ah, but it needs to be done, the whole part of life thing and being a responsible adult. Blah! However it is the only chance for it to be done the way that I want it and oh how I do like to be in control.

This has actually been in the works for years now. A friend always told me that I needed one done. I knew he was right but it felt like doing one would make it too much of a reality to me. It scares me a little to plan for such an event. Being in the business I am in though, I know it is better to be safe because the alternative is not fun or inexpensive for those left behind to clean up the mess.

Since I have already made some major decisions about illness, I really need to have it in writing. For if I am not able to speak for myself, I don’t want anyone else to have to make those decisions for me and feel accountable for them.

So if anyone wants anything that I have, let me know now.

3 Comments:

  • Not at all morbid. Just responsible.

    By Blogger Tania, At 7:28 PM  

  • It is responsible, but I understand. I just had my best/oldest friend tell me that if she died she would want us to raise her daughter. Of course I said yes, but the thought of the tragedy of all of that if it happened was really overwhelming.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 7:11 PM  

  • I want all your recipes. . .oh wait, Grandma Bain taught you how to cook! There will be NO dying on your end, because you have already agreed to a houseful of kids when we die!

    By Blogger Sandi, At 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones