Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty in communication.  They would rather defend their dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others.  Therefore, having rationalized their phoniness into nobility, they settle for superficial relationships.”

I know that I have used this quote before on my blog.  It is a quote that I was given in a difficult time in my life by someone that I care for immensely.  It is a quote that I keep in an area that practically forces me to read it at least once almost every single day.  It is a reminder to me of several things, but it also keeps me honest with myself and others.

Keeping with the lines of honesty, I will openly admit that this has been, by far, the hardest year that I have ever experienced . . . emotionally, physically, and yes even spiritually.  Don’t worry, I will not share the gruesome details.  I do know that I have been allowing Satan to use me as his proverbial punching bag for his daily exercise for far too long. 

Accepting that some things are going to take more time and are completely out of my control is the first step.  Patience.  I always assumed that if there was pure knowledge concerning something happening that it would make the waiting so much easier.  I will now confirm that what we all know about assuming is true.  Knowing does not equal patience and it may even make it more difficult.

With a brand new year within sight, I am going to start it with a brand new attitude.  I believe that it starts with faith and trust.  I need to hold onto the personal revelation that has been given to me.  I have been given some incredible promises.  God does not lie.  The Spirit speaks the truth as it is and as it will be.  Satan’s knock out with doubt will no longer work.  Just because I don’t understand how or when God will fulfill His promises, doesn’t mean that He won’t.  It may seem impossible to me, but with God nothing is impossible.  He who knows beginning to end would never set me up for failure.

I am concocting some goals that will probably show up later.

Have a very happy New Year!

4 Comments:

  • So- I have a question. Did you right that "anonymous" article in the Ensign on God's promises? Sounded like it could be you. If it was- it was awesome! Love ya- Happy 2011! It's only UP from here, right?

    By Blogger BeeP, At 6:39 PM  

  • May 2011 bring much happiness and may it be better than 2010 for you, though I'm sure this past year will some day be remembered as a great blessing, paradoxically despite the suffering.

    By Blogger C.J., At 9:39 PM  

  • I really liked that quote. I also agree that the first step to changing something is to acknowledge that you're not in the right emotional state. I hope that the New Year brings in good things for you. :)

    please check out my blog when you have a chance:
    http://paradigmcarnival.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Clandestine, At 9:39 PM  

  • I know at least a little of what you've dealt with this year and honestly I think, even in the future you will just be glad the year is over. Sorry it has been so very, very, hard. May 2011 be better!

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones