Just Rannin' Around

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sometimes I can’t sit still because it opens pathways that are typically destructive.

It is probably a good thing that I never run out of things that need to get done.  My week has kept me up and running . . . sometimes literally.

Saturday morning was an early start.  I ran in the Salt Lake City 5K.  I thought that it started at 7:30 and was more than a bit surprised when we got there at 7:14 to the end of the runners making their way up the street.  It had really started at 7:10, so we had some catching up to do.  Then the rest of the day was filled with a baby shower and friends.

Sunday I attended a few extra hours of church in order to fulfill my calling.  I must say that to anyone that teaches, PLEASE don’t pick up the manual and proceed to do nothing but read it word for word and call that a lesson.  I was a little more than bored and very much concerned.  I may be wrong (it has happened once or twice) but I don’t think that anyone gets spiritually fed through this method of teaching.

Monday night I ended up being on the phone most of the night helping a couple of friends that needed someone just to listen and love them.  I am always amazed and incredibly honored when they choose to trust and confide in me.

Tuesday night I went on a 30-mile bike ride.  We are attempting to add 10 miles a week to our rides in order to be prepared.  It was happened to be the only days with halfway decent weather conditions.  I am now fairly confident that I should invest in the bike tube industry.  I got a flat tire.  Luckily a nice man stopped and had us up and moving again quickly.

Wednesday night was Stake Auxiliary Training.  I taught about the importance of training our Sunday teachers how to teach. 

Last night I couldn’t sit still . . . actually I wouldn’t allow myself to since I knew it would be a bad thing.  I did two loads of laundry (clean sheets are one of my favorite things), cooked a yummy dinner that entailed a lot of artichoke hearts and feta cheese, went grocery shopping and in between it all made some delicious zucchini bread with toasted walnuts.  I definitely went to bed with a full tummy.    

I still need to get my bike into the shop to have it tuned up.  I really need to buckle down and get my lesson prepared for Sunday (practice what I preach or something like that).  I also have a few speaking assignments coming up that I need to start looking at.  I still have two of my six ladies on my visiting teaching list to connect with before the end of the month.  Of course my first course of business is getting the activity for tomorrow done. 

Sometimes I know that I make my hands busy so my thoughts don’t get in the way. 

1 Comments:

  • You are holding out on me! You gave me the zucchini bread recipe but you mentioned nothing about artichoke hearts....Share my friend, share!!

    Good luck tomorrow! I know you wont have any trouble keeping your hands busy!(Hopefully your thoughts follow suit.)

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones