Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Kisses

Today I have been pondering this subject and quietly reminiscing about the magic of a kiss. Amazing how the memories still brings a smile to my face and a little of that flutter in my stomach. Due to the value and significance that I place on sharing such an intimate part of myself, I have not shared many of my kisses with very many. I have also been extremely lucky in the fact that out of respect (I have been told another reason also, but I won't get on my soapbox this time) the guys that have eventually kissed me always date me for at least 3 weeks first and have previously known me for longer than that.

My very first kiss made me feel like a princess. He always showered me with compliments and red roses. I was the only woman that existed in his eyes and I filled his world. We had been dating for a little over a month when he decided that it was time. I had come home from school that day exhausted and knowing that I still had a shift at work that night, I slipped onto the couch to get in a small nap. I didn't hear him come into the house or talk to my mom who was in the kitchen preparing dinner. He crept into the living room and the next thing that I remember was being awoken by a kiss. It is grand memory to have as the first kiss and my own small fairy tale.

I have to admit that I have been blessed to never have had a bad kiss. Maybe it is because of the situations or that the boys that have chosen to date me are a little extra magical, but no matter the reason I definitely know that each has shaped a memory that brightens a day. After all, who wouldn't want to be taken completely by surprise with the most tender of kisses after having his fingertips glide lightly over the features of your face ending on closed eyelids?

1 Comments:

  • That is pretty lucky to never have had a bad kiss. I've had a couple. heh. I will agree that being surprised with a kiss from 'the boyfriend' when your eyes are closed isthe best. Hmmm that was a long time ago....yeah, back in high school. I haven't been kissed for some time now but it's okay becuase I have decided that I am going to wait until I am at the altar....right. Like that would happen. Maybe I will wait until I am engaged though.

    By Blogger Mi Mi, At 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones