Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dear Santa,

 

As usual, I have been a very good girl.  I do the things which my parents ask of me….most of the time without complaint.   I try my hardest to be kind and gentle to those that I find wondering in my life.  Actually I usually end up appreciating very much the things that they bring with them.   I have learned a great many of lessons, with the most valuable one being how to give away more love than I ever thought possible. 

 

Now I realize that I have messed up every now and then, but some allowance must be made for mistakes.  I will continue to carry around the 409 and a pocket full of apologies.  Although the ultimate goal is to not make the boo-boo in the first place, I will acknowledge them when they occur and fix them as fast as possible.   I only hope that I was successful at practicing this goal this year and that I didn't miss cleaning up any.  If there were some, I would be more than happy to go back….just let me know where.

 

There isn't much in the way of material items for which I long.  I don't know if this order will be able to fit in the sleigh, but I do ask that you please at least try.   I want the imagination and the faith of a child.  I want to be able to see the world as a giant playground of new experiences just waiting for me to have.   I want more time to play hide-and-go-seek and swing on the swings with my nieces and nephews.  I want more sleepovers with scary stories and endless giggles.   I want curiosity that keeps me asking questions.

 

As my list continues in my head I think that what I really want is to not be such an adult.  I think that if everyone in this world would take more time to remember what it is like to be a child and all that comes with it, this world would be a much better place.   Could you please place that in the heart of every adult in this world?  I appreciate everything for which you stand.   I still hear the ring of the bell.

 

Love,

JRA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones