Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 26, 2005

Home at last

It always amazes me how refreshed I feel after spending time at home. There is just something that comforts the soul and gladdens the heart to be surrounded by love and safety.

I had a wonderful Christmas full of all the magic this joyful season entails. I watched my nieces’ eyes light up at the sight of Christmas lights strung all over the city as we took a drive as a family on Christmas Eve. Then I tried to hold back a giggle as my three-year old niece attempted to break through the chain roping off the manger scene because she wanted to be by baby Jesus. I didn’t even attempt not to laugh when she asked Papa if he had the keys to the Temple because the doors were locked and she wanted to go inside Heavenly Father’s house. Walking around with tiny hands holding each of mine and answering innocent questions posed by my nieces, I realized that life doesn’t get much better than these moments.

The television didn’t have to be going for the laughing to be nonstop. Sitting down and reading new books in my most exciting character voices with a captive audience all under the age of five on my lap and making sure they new how pretty they were in both their new pajamas and church dresses brought smiles to everyone’s faces. Of course the laughter didn’t stop when my younger brother gave me Naked Twister for Christmas (he wrote the “naked” on the game box with black marker) and told me that I couldn’t loose with that game. Tears were there, but only when we gave each Mom and Dad their gift full of letters from each of us expressing our love and gratitude.

You see the magic of Christmas is found in each of our hearts and only seen as we share that love unconditionally with those around us. The trick is to find and share it all year long. How grateful I am that our Savior knows perfectly how to do just that and that He came to this earth as a tiny babe to show us how to live. Then suffered and allowed His life to be taken to atone for the sins of every individual. That is the greatest gift!

I hope that all had a wonderful Christmas full of magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones