Just Rannin' Around

Monday, March 27, 2006

Reaffirmed once again…

It isn’t often that I have weekends that just make me smile until it starts making my cheeks hurt. Friday was nothing to scream about since I stayed home by myself, but it was nice to just sit and watch a sappy, romantic movie in my old comfortable clothes and eat chocolate cake warm out of the oven....won’t catch me complaining!

I have two brothers and my baby sister that live in or very near the Salt Lake Valley. My parents, two sisters and one brother are in St. George. On Saturday my brother from St. George was up visiting and so everyone up here decided to take me to dinner for my birthday. So the group of us (which included my three brothers, three sister-in-laws, my baby sister and her boyfriend and my three and nieces and one nephew....yes that does mean that with only half of my family present there were 13 people there) went to dinner.

I adore my brothers. Don’t get me wrong I love every single person in my family, but there is a connection that I have with my brothers that can’t be denied. I think that it is due to the fact that they like to really push my buttons and see if they can get me to veer out of the path that I have chosen to walk all the while secretly cheering for me to do what is right because that is my job in the family. Well that and the WWF matches were always a blast......for them!

Anyway, the waiter came out to take our drink order and asked what the occasion was for which we were all gathered. They told him that it was my 21st birthday celebration to which I fully agreed. What? I was 21 once! We placed our order and proceeded to throw loving insults around the table in the manner that we have done our entire lives, much to the dismay of our poor mother. When dinner arrived, a beer was placed in front of me and the waiter told me to have a great birthday. I laughed and immediately shot looks around the table at my brothers trying to decide who thought they were funny. It ended up being the brother from St. George. Needless to say not a drop of the beer was consumed by me and it remained on the table when we left. I had to smell the strawberry daiquiri that he also ordered for me and receive reassurance from his wife that it was safe to drink before I would touch it.

After saying goodbye to everyone and getting plenty of hugs and kisses from the babies, I headed home. I got ready for bed and was pleasantly surprised when a friend decided to come over to talk. I love it when people come over to see me. It was just a good night.

Sunday was a good day. Everyone was incredibly nice and extremely welcoming in the new ward. I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting on Easter Sunday and I received a new calling. It still leaves my record at the longest that I have gone without a calling is 2-weeks. I was asked to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher which happens to be one of my favorite callings. I was a little thrown off guard however when they told me that I would be the only teaching which means that I will be teaching the Old Testament every week. That will be a challenge for me, but I think that it will really make me grow and learn. I am really excited!!

The day only got better as I was later surrounded by dear friends and was able to enjoy dinner with some of them while planning our next adventure. The evening was topped off with something that hardly ever happens.....yes, I had a date! We went to the fireside up at the institute and it was a good time.

It was just a really good day! Life is just happy sometimes and then you remember that it is because there is a higher Being that really loves us and wants only the best for each of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones