Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present

Due to the lack of time and the fact that I typically only have myself to feed, I don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I forget how much I enjoy cooking. I have been spending more time lately playing around with different food items and broadening my menu creativity. A benefit of only cooking for myself is that if I totally botch up making something new, cold cereal and a good laugh always work for dinner for me.

My thoughts about recipes are that they are a great beginning point. I don’t think that I know how to follow a recipe to the ingredient or the measurement. The closest that I get to actually following a recipe is when I make cookies, but even then measurements change (they never have enough vanilla for one). The main ingredients always need to be there or I would end up making something completely different than intended. However the other ingredients are definitely up to my discretion as to how I think that it will taste the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones