Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

“I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing . . . I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experience, which is great because it means I’ve got lots of material to work with.”

I’m always up for a new adventure.  Sometimes it gets me in a bit of trouble.  Sometimes I do things that I shouldn’t because I don’t think before plowing forward.  Maybe I should start my own program . . . . “Hi my name is Brenda and I am an adrenaline junkie.” 

The positive is that it doesn’t have to be dangerous for me to get that adrenaline pumping . . . it just has to excite me.  Any time I get near an airport my toes start to tingle.  I have been known to jump on a flight and take off without even a day of planning.  I have been known to fly to California for 12 hours just to play for the day with a friend.  Riding my bike has become a new kind of adventure.  Twice this weekend I jumped on my bike and did 20-mile rides with friends.  Oh there is so much that makes my juices flow which I pursue because it makes me feel alive if even for a while.  Believe me when I say that I have done some stupid things and I truly believe that I have disappointed and hurt those I love because I wanted to feel.  Owning it . . . working on it.

However it also leads me to so many adventures that I think far too many people allow themselves to miss out on.  Too often I find myself telling people that I am boring because daily duties and responsibilities are always hammering at my door, but looking at my life I am far from boring if you don’t focus on the day to day.  I doubt my adventure card will ever be filled since this world offers so many opportunities, but I do have quite a few stamps already collected.

28 more days until Disneyland . . . why am I going?  Why not!

3 Comments:

  • Disneyland, well all travel really , doesn't need a reason. Because it is there is the best answer there is!


    PS - Loved the ride!

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 7:39 PM  

  • I agree that you are far from boring. Have fun in Disneyland!

    By Blogger Aubrey, At 10:26 AM  

  • I remember this one time ditching Salt Lake on New Years. That was fun! Have fun in Disneyland, sounds rad.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones